Best Wedding Kilts For Scotsmen
You might be thinking of what to wear when it comes to Scottish Wedding, it’s a common problem that many of us face when you are looking for a Wedding Kilt. Either you are the groom, a bride, a guest or the best man, you are likely to feel the pressure to look great among all. After all, there’s no better way to complete a Scottish Wedding theme than with a wedding kilts. If you’re planning to sport one for your wedding day, here’s everything you need in order to make an informed kilt outfit purchase for your wedding day, in one handy guide!
The Full Scottish Wedding Ensemble for Men
A true traditional formal Scottish Wedding occasion, ensemble includes more than just a kilt. You will also require a Charlie jacket with a traditional vest, you can make your kilt look smarter in appearance.
Prince Charlie Jacket and Waistcoat
Think as the kilt outfit as a costume. These days, the prince charlie kilt outfit is widely considered the obvious choice for a refined, impressive, and luxurious look that shows your Scottish pride at any formal event by wearing the Prince Charlie Jacket & Waistcoat with your favourite highland kilt. This dressy jacket can be crafted from your choice of 15-ounce Barathea wool or Vicuna wool and is black in color with a matching 3 button vest in the same color as your jacket to give it a polished look, and a trio of matching accents travels in diagonal lines along the front of the design.
The notched lapels are a traditional feature and make the jacket even more appropriate for a formal affair like a ball or wedding. Most retailers will include the vest by default, but it’s always good to double-check and make sure that’s the case.
Scottish Ghillie Kilt Shirt
You can wear a classic scottish shirt (with leather laces at the neckline) under your Prince Charlie Jacket or Coat which is a symbol of pride at any formal event as your favourite Highland Kit. The shirts come in ultra-casual Jacobite styles that can be worn to any festival, event or lunch, while the formal Scottish Shirt allows you to pair it with a tie or bow tie to be worn to weddings, formal dinners and more.
Scottish Glengarry Hat
A Glengarry hat is a type of traditional Scottish hat that is typically made of wool or tartan. It has a distinctive shape, with a flat top and a round, creased crown that slopes down at the back. The hat also features a ribbed band around the base of the crown and a ribbon that hangs down from the back of the hat. Glengarry hat are often worn by members of Scottish regiments and pipe bands, as well as by people participating in Scottish cultural events. They can also be worn as part of a traditional Scottish costume or as a fashion accessory.
Kilt Hose and Flashes
- To complete your look, Kilt Hose are the next most important accessory after a Kilt and Sporran.
- All kilt hose are taller than most socks, and cover your calf.
- You can paired with matching Kilt Flashes, this look cannot be outdone.
- Kilt hose make your outfit complete, and are a must when going to a formal event.
- Kilt hose flashes can be worn at the top of your hose to hold them up and add some decoration in the process. You can also get matching flashes just like your different shades of Tartan Pattern.
- Kilt Hose in white or black is the traditional socks to pair with a kilt. For your feet, you can choose from a number of leather dressy looks that perfectly match with your Kilt outfit.
Scottish Ghillie Brogues
Leather Kilt Shoes or Ghillie Brogues as they are known, complete with long laces to criss-cross up the ankle.
Ghillie Brogue Shoes are the traditional footwear for you kilt.
Ghillie Brouge shows can be worn with formal, semi dress or casual wear.
They are made from 100% natural leather.
This Special ghillie shoes is comfortable to wear because stiching allow for a luxury and flexible fit.
Our shoes have leather soles.
Kilt Pins | Brooches & Fly Plaid
- Your choice of kilt pin is personal. Like your chosen tartan, your kilt pins for sale is a chance to express your style and add a signature touch to your kilt outfit.
Your Kilt Pin is both decorative and functional.
- Traditionally a Tartan Fly Plaid is worn with a Kilt and either a Prince Charlie Jacket or an Argyll Jacket. The Fly Plaid should be made in a tartan that matches the kilt and is worn draped over the left shoulder.
- It can then be pinned to a shirt or jacket with a kilt brooch or even a smaller kilt pin.
- Women have found that is can be made into an elegant infinity tartan scarf by folding it into a triangle and wrapping it around the neck.
“The bride sometimes wears a blue wedding garter that plays an important role in a Scottish Wedding Reception, as it is also a tradition in some areas to brings her good luck.”
Helpful Hints for Scottish Wedding Kilts
Keep these tips in mind when you’re Shopping Kilts for your wedding:
- You want to feel your best on your wedding day and the best way to feel confident in a kilt is to purchase one that’s made especially for you. This will ensure that the kilt is long enough and has a comfortable fit through the waist.
- If you’re having a custom made kilt for the big day, you need to ensure that you leave enough time to receive the kilt. We make best kilts in just 2 to 3 weeks in most cases.
- Make sure that you’ll be able to return the kilt if it doesn’t meet your standards. This is the best way to ensure that you’re happy with the kilt that you purchase.
Get Kilt Outfit at reasonable discounts!
At the usa kilt store, we won’t rest until you’re satisfied. We want your wedding to be a complete success.
We hope that our guide lifts the pressure a bit and serves you well in your search. The wedding you will attend will be a hit if you buy a Kilt and Accessories from us. Need some more information about Wedding Kilts? We’ll be glad to assist you. Contact us: at (800) 999-0100 or email@example.com for assistance.
I am book marking this page. I plan on purposing to my girlfriend on her birthday in February. Knowing her, she will want a summer wedding so this will come in handy! I fully intend on wearing the whole traditional attire, just as my brothers have over the last 6 years when they got married. Fantastic information, really!
Comments are closed.