Tartan Day Parade: Be bold, be beautiful, be tartan!
The New York Tartan Day Parade is an annual event that celebrates the contributions and culture of Scottish Americans in New York City. This parade is one of the largest Scottish events in the United States, drawing thousands of participants and spectators from all over the world. If you’re planning to attend the parade, you’ll want to dress appropriately to show your Scottish pride and be comfortable for the day’s activities. But what should you wear? Here we’ll provide some helpful tips and ideas for what to wear to the New York Tartan Day Parade, so you can look and feel your best while celebrating your heritage.
But First, What New York Tartan Day Parade Guidelines say?
“There is no theme or dress requirement for the parade,” states the New York Tartan Day Parade guidelines. wearing those tartan or Plaid kilts or anything else that demonstrates your Scottish pride is encouraged!” You could be forgiven for feeling overwhelmed by the number of styles and patterns which are over 1500 Scottish tartans.
Understanding the science behind choosing a right Tartan is essential when choosing what to wear to the Tartan Day Parade. Tartan is a pattern that consists of intersecting vertical and horizontal lines, creating a distinctive chequered design. It mostly is used to represent Scottish clans, families, and regions. Each tartan has its own unique design and colours, which can signify specific meanings or allegiances.
There are many different types of Tartan cloth, each with its own history and significance. Some tartans are associated with specific clans or families, while others represent a region or occupation. The most well-known tartan is the Royal Stewart tartan, which is the official tartan of the British Royal Family. Other popular tartans include the Black Watch, Dress Gordon and Buchanan.
When choosing what to wear to the New York Tartan Day Parade, it’s important to consider which tartan you want to wear. You may want to choose a tartan that represents your family or clan, or you may simply want to choose a tartan that seems more aesthetically pleasing to you. There are many online resources that can help you determine which tartan is appropriate for you, based on your family history or personal preference. Whatever tartan you choose, you can simply determine the types of how you can style a tartan because there are a diverse range of Tartan made products that we can put to the test and so like in this article. We have elaborated the ways of wearing and styling up a tartan for a tartan day parade. Also, wearing it proudly is a great way to show your Scottish pride and heritage at the parade.
Things to Wear to the New York Tartan Day Parade
When it comes to choosing your outfit for the New York Tartan Day Parade, there are a few key items to consider. Here are some suggestions weather you wanna go with traditional or just simply wanna get stick to modern tartan clothing, and so some more recommendations for comfortable footwear and accessories to add on:
- Kilts: kilts are the first and foremost option you can wear in any of your clan tartan. Wearing your very own Clan Tartan is the best way to demonstrate your pride in your clan while marching and celebrating with your Scottish family. These Clan kilts come in a variety of tartan patterns, and can be paired with a jacket, waistcoat, or vest for a complete outfit.
- Tartan Scarves: Why not accessorise your outfit with Tartan scarves, see If you’re looking for a more subtle way to incorporate tartan into your parade day outfit, a tartan scarf is a great option and a good way to show off your pride. It can either be styled with a coat or jacket for added warmth, and can be a great acknowledgement of your regiment and heritage.
- Tartan Trews: For a more modern twist on tartan attire, consider wearing Tartan Trews. These can be paired with a solid colour top or jacket to create a stylish and festive look.
- For our female counterparts, Our All Rounder Tartan pleated skirt is a classic version of kilt pleats for women. You can have it made to your specifications by choosing your tartan and length. You can make it made to measure so there won’t be a hustle in finding the right size and fit according to your preference. Either way, you will have a timeless item in your wardrobe, especially when it has so much more significance than something that you buy off the rack.
- Comfortable Footwear: The New York Tartan Day Parade involves a lot of walking, so it’s important to wear comfortable footwear. Our Ghillie brogues are a great option, and can be paired with socks for added flair.
No matter what you choose to wear, the key is to be comfortable and show your Scottish pride. Don’t be afraid to get creative with your outfit and accessories with tartan items like hats, gloves, and bags. Let’s dig in that how you can accessorise them;
Accessorising with Tartan!
In addition to traditional Scottish Clothing, there are many ways to incorporate tartan into your accessories. Here are some ideas for using tartan to accessorise your parade day outfit:
- A Tartan Hat which is also referred as the Glengarry hat is a great way to incorporate some Scottish style into your outfit. Choose a hat in a coordinating tartan pattern or a complementary solid colour.
- We’ve already mentioned tartan scarves as a great way to incorporate tartan into your outfit, but you can also use scarves in other ways. A tartan scarf can be tied around a bag or purse to add some Scottish style. Or you can carry it how you want to and I’m sure that you’ll rock it on your own as well.
- Then there are Tartan wallet or bags whatever and however you consider it, are a great way to make a statement at the parade. Choose a bag in a tartan pattern that compliments your outfit will be a cherry on top and will make your outfit a worthy piece of attire and it can also add much originality and confidence in your look, you can even go bold with a bright tartan bag or can keep it mid way, it’s totally up to you..
- As we can see, Tartan plaid ties are a must have for any Scotsmen, and the Scottish Kilt Shop has great options. Wear them for a classic look with a kilt, dress shirt, and tweed jacket or pair with a modern outfit for a subtle statement. Show off your pride at the New York Tartan Day Parade!
- And then last but not the least, You can wear the Tartan Sporran to stand out from the crowd, even if you can’t find a clan tartan that speaks to you, or if you don’t belong to one, or if you just want an excuse to buy something new, a scottish sporran can be a great addition to your wardrobe and your attire as well. It’s a product worth buying. Because it’s just the fact that it looks appealing but even embrace your heritage like when you style yourself in a proper kilted outfit with sporran, it’ll just increase the credibility of the outfit to the whole.
Celebrate Your Scottish heritage with Scottish kilt shop!
The New York Tartan Day Parade is a wonderful celebration of Scottish heritage and culture, and choosing the right attire and accessories can help you fully participate in the festivities. Whether you choose to wear traditional tartan attire or modern tartan accessories, the key is to be comfortable, have fun, and show your Scottish pride. We at Scottish Kilt provides a wide range of tartan patterns, including kilts, skirts, and accessories. Our kilts are available in both classic and modern designs. In addition, we have an extensive collection of tartan products, such as skirts with various lengths and styles, scarves, shawls, ties, and sashes. We are dedicated to using only top-quality tartan fabrics and We offer standard delivery of kilts within 2-3 weeks and one week of rush delivery. So start planning your outfit, gather your friends and family, and get ready to celebrate Scottish culture in the heart of New York City! And the expert craftsmanship to produce authentic Scottish attire will surely make you look and feel your best.
Wearing tartan is not mandatory but is encouraged as a way to celebrate Scottish heritage and culture at the New York Tartan Day Parade.
Yes, you can wear tartan even if you’re not Scottish. It’s a way to show appreciation for Scottish culture and heritage.
Yes, you can wear a tartan jacket or waistcoat to the parade. It’s a great way to show your appreciation for Scottish culture and to participate in the festivities.
It’s recommended to wear comfortable and weather-appropriate footwear to the New York Tartan Day Parade, such as sneakers, boots, or closed-toe shoes. You can even wear ghillie brogues. It will also be a great way to showcase your Scottish heritage.